Demo of ChemSpider InChi to SMILES webservice invoked from Excel
This demo was created in Excel 2007, with the Office XP Webservices toolkit. Using the spreadsheet, the formula InChiToSMILES invokes the corresponding ChemSpider web service.
How I made this:
1. Installed Office XP Webservices toolkit from the Microsoft Download Center.
2. In Excel 2007 I turned on the Developer tab (hit Office button, then Excel options).
3. In the Developer ribbon I selected Visual Basic
4. In Tools->Web Services References I selected Web Service URL and entered http://www.chemspider.com/InChI.asmx then hit search
5. Checked InChi then hit Add - this generates all the clsws_InChi class code automatically
6. Inserted new module containing these 4 lines:
Function InChIToSMILES(inchi As String)
Dim WebService As New clsws_InChI
InChIToSMILES = WebService.wsm_InChIToSMILES(inchi)
7. Went to spreadsheet and used InchiToSMILES function
8. Saved spreadsheet as an Excel macro-Enabled Workbook and uploaded.
NB This is an xlsx file which can be unzipped to find the XML of the spreadsheet itself. The "workflow" appears as follows (the InChi is stored separately in sharedStrings):
<row r="1" spans="1:2">
<c r="A1" t="s"><v>0</v></c>
<c r="B1" t="str"><f>InChiToSMILES(A1)</f><v>CCCCC(CCCC)(CO)CO.CCCCC(CCCC)(CO)CO</v></c>
Version 1 (of 1)
Log in to add Tags
Shared with Groups (0)
Log in to add to one of your Packs
In chronological order:
Other workflows that use similar services (0)
There are no workflows in myExperiment that use similar services to this Workflow.